1. When Hagrid returns to Hogwarts after being sent to see the giants with Madame Maxime, Professor Umbridge questions him on his late return to school. She suspects that Hagrid had been to the mountains, but where does he tell her he has been?
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid’s Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermione are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermione are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or false?
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap’s essence?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry’s fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
9. According to a healer’s portrait at St. Mungo’s hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?
10. Which book did Harry give Hermione for Christmas?
a. “New Theory of Numberology”
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Twilight – just like the new swap!
Geez… I’m horrible.
I had every intention of doing my homework yesterday and posting “last week” but we ended up leaving town on relatively short notice after a very hectic few days. Long story short, I was allowed to leave Hogwarts over the weekend and took advantage of the fact that my Slytherin boyfriend, Malcolm, and I would be able to have a weekend together – not just the two of us, but it was fun all the same. I’m exhausted but back in Ravenclaw Tower now, and very apologetic for my mistake in not posting the rest of the week, which was also very hectic.
I am going to get some sleep now, or my eyes might need toothpicks to hold them open.
I’m going to
My package from Narcissa Shrivelfigs came today!
Look HERE to see it! It’s also on the right side under pages. Woohoo!
1. Angela, Young Photographer, 2. Mmmm Cheese, 3. Untitled, 4. ♫ YO Yo yo, there’s no place like a green penthouse… so i told the genie i wanted to be well hung. ^o^ ♫ nah… wildlife from singapore♫, 5. Val Kilmer, 6. Mojito from Cholo’s Restaurant in Haleiwa., 7. Scottish Highlands, 8. Chess Pie, 9. Computer Geek Award, 10. Duck Family Portrait, 11. Spunky Eclectic, corriedale, 12. DSC02481
Go to Flickr.com and type your answers to the following questions (one at a time) into the Search Box.
The questions are:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favourite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favourite colour?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favourite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favourite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
Choose 1 image from the FIRST page of results, remember the image you choose doesn’t have to be exactly what you were looking for – just the image you like best from the first page.
Copy your URLs to the Mosaic Maker here and publish your mosaic to your blog.
Well, I gave up on hand-dying the yarn this time. I just can’t afford the equipment. Someday, though, I’ll make that venture. Instead I went and found some BRAND NEW yarn that I’m SO excited about, I almost bought myself some! I was good though, and only bought Luveday’s! Also picked up needles to round out that part of the kit.
All that’s REALLY left is making the bag, which shouldn’t take long at ALL, I just have to finish figuring out the pattern.
I’m not having a great day/week/month, but I’ll survive. Life in general is not treating me or my family well. As a result, I’m cranky, depressed, and perpetually tired. I wanted to give my views on the whole snitch thing, but I won’t because I’m pretty sure everyone is sick of hearing about it. I can’t say my views are all that reasonable anyhow.
With that, I’m off to try to find a way to help my family survive. Wish me luck!
Okay, here goes!!! I’m not doing it all at once but will edit it as I find time. Hope that’s okay!!! ALL DONE!
1. It’s changing out there. Just like last time. There’s a storm coming, Harry. And we all best be ready when she comes.
2. Dumbledore’s Army was about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?
3. Dementors in Little Winging? Whatever next? The whole world’s going topsy-turvy.
4. The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing.
5. Face it, Petunia. Our boy has gone lumpy.
6. You’re a fool, Harry Potter, and you will lose everything.
7. Practicing is good, but there’s something else that’s even more important: believing in yourself. Look at it this way: every wizard in history has started out as nothing more than we are now — students. If they can do it, why not us?
8. I WILL have order!
9. When are you going to get it into your head? We’re in this together.
10. When all this is over we’ll be a proper family, you’ll see.
11. That’s right. Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.
12. You may not like him, Minister, but you can’t deny: Dumbledore’s got style.
13. Who wants to watch me take off Snivelly’s trousers?
14. One person can’t feel all that, they’d explode!
15. They’re very clean, these Muggles. It’s unnatural.
16. How dare you speak his name! YOU FILTHY HALF BLOOD!
17. Just because you can use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything.
18. Did you actually believe, or are you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I’ll make this simple, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die.
Luscious Lucius Malfoy
19. You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.
20. Ah, I thought we might hit this little snag. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to — what is the phrase? — come quietly.
I took several quizzes to learn what my patronus might be, but in the long run none of them turned out to be what actually showed up when I cast the spell!!!
I did pretty well the last time, and my patronus was quite clear. My patronus is actually a monkey! Let me tell you a little bit about monkey personalities, at least as they relate to the Chinese Zodiac: (note that some of this will be a little repetitive, as I took it from a few different sites)
Monkeys are determined and ambitious individuals and as a result, they’re often successful. Although they’re considered warm-hearted and very likeable, their preference in life is to be alone. Monkeys are loyal to both their employers and their partners.
Monkey possesses such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness, and cleverness. Forever playful, Monkeys are the masters of practical jokes. Even though their intentions are always good, this desire to be a prankster has a tendency to create ill will and hurt feelings.
Although they are inherently intellectual and creative, Monkeys at times have trouble exhibiting these qualities. When that happens, they appear to others to be confused. But nothing could be further from the truth as Monkeys thrive on being challenged. Monkeys prefer urban life to rural, and their favorite pastime is people-watching.
Persuasive and passionate, this Monkey is a warm person. He is successful due to his innate determination and ambitious nature. He works hard to climb the ladder of success and prefers to work alone. They are loyal employees, always prepared and tactful with answers and upper management. In love these Monkeys are just as loyal as well as loving and affectionate.
I find this particularly interesting because I was born right on the cusp between the years of Sheep and Monkey. Although I was *TECHNICALLY* born in the year of the sheep, I possess many more of the Monkey’s qualities and was told by a lovely old Chinese woman once that I was born early (and I was! Almost two weeks – which would have put me even closer to the Monkey) and should claim Monkey as my own. So I did. And now the monkey is my patronus too! Neat!!!
And as long as I’m on the subject of Eastern zodiac things, it’s awfully amusing that Monkeys and Tigers are supposed to be mortal enemies; Malcolm MacCoinneach, my Slytherin boyfriend, is a Tiger. We can be at each others’ throats on occasion, but realistically our personalities complement each other’s just as much as they clash. Funny. In addition, the Tiger, Horse, and Dog are all in the same trine of zodiac animals – guess what? My wizardlings are of the years Horse and Dog, respectively. I’m ALL ALONE!!! They’re all supposed to get along great while I fight with all of them. Geez…
Narcissa asked that I do this meme, and I think it’s such a good idea I’m going to tag THREE people with it – my roommates and my spoilee!
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Oh my goodness… I had forgotten. If I hadn’t dropped out, I would have been graduating this week. Instead, I was at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri and had been there since the 22nd of May. I was doing a lot of pushups and situps and running and getting screamed at. Fun times…
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list today:
1) Do a little bit of muggle homework.
2) Pay some bills.
3) Fold the large mountain of laundry on my living room floor.
4) Take care of my Slytherin boy who’s staying home after lunch ’cause he’s sick.
5) Start working on some more stitch markers and possibly some scissor fobs.
3. Snacks I enjoy: Little Debbie Swiss Cakes, Vosges chocolate (okay, almost any chocolate but OMG that stuff is to DIE for), Cheetos, string cheese… alright, here’s the deal. I like a BUNCH of stuff. I don’t like Twinkies. I don’t like BBQ flavor snacks except on rare occasions. I don’t like anything that is flavored RED – fake cherry or fruit punch, specifically. Also, if it’s the wrong color of red I may have a reaction. That’s okay, though, because if I do I just hand it off to Malcolm!!!
4. Places I’ve lived: Great Falls, Montana; Klamath Falls, Oregon; Bend, Oregon; Portland, Oregon (and several towns in the metropolitan area); Mountain Home, Idaho; and back to Klamath Falls, Oregon. Depending on your definition of “lived” you could also count Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri.
5. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
First, find the perfect plot of land for what I want to do and build two houses on it. Have the houses run completely on solar power with only rare necessity for backup (you can do that here). Then, buy myself a dependable hybrid small SUV thing (or a truck if they made them). Pay off everyone’s student loans in my family (and one of my best friend’s). Buy a small nail salon for another best friend. Invest in a spinning wheel and some sheep and goats. I bought the perfect plot of land, after all!!! Do part time computer consulting around the world, hire my old economics professor and give him free rein to invest a bunch of my money. Donate a few million to my school so that the institute of TECHNOLOGY can actually have non-obsolete technology to teach with. Among other things. Those are the primary plans!!!
6. Who I want to know more about:
1. Which of Arabella Figg’s cats ran out from under the car?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Albus Dumbledore’s middle names?
3. Which educational decree introduced a High Inquisitor to Hogwarts?
4. Apart from Harry, Ron and Hermione, who was the first person to enter the Hog’s Head that showed an interest in Harry’s Defence Against the Dark Arts classes?
5. In the first Quidditch match of the year which player attempted to score first?
6. What kind of bush does Harry hide behind to listen to the news?
A hydrangea bush
7. Why is Mundungus Fletcher disguised as a woman when he witnesses the DA (Dumbledore’s Army) meeting in the Hog’s Head pub?
b. He was banned from the Hog’s Head pub 20 years ago.
8. When Harry and Cho go on their first date to Madam Puddifoot’s in Hogsmeade, what is it decorated with for Valentine’s Day?
Golden cherubs and pink confetti
9. How old is Sturgis Podmore and where does he live?
38 and number 2 Laburnum Gardens Clapham
10. What did Fred and George Weasley do to Montague?
a. Forced him head-first into a Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Please, if anyone notices a broken picture or link, PLEASE let me know!!!
Fred and George Weasley (Together) – I added Ron too!!!
Hog’s Head Pub
Mr. Weasley & Harry (Together)