1. When Hagrid returns to Hogwarts after being sent to see the giants with Madame Maxime, Professor Umbridge questions him on his late return to school. She suspects that Hagrid had been to the mountains, but where does he tell her he has been?
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid’s Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermione are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermione are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or false?
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap’s essence?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry’s fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
9. According to a healer’s portrait at St. Mungo’s hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?
10. Which book did Harry give Hermione for Christmas?
a. “New Theory of Numberology”
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Twilight – just like the new swap!
Geez… I’m horrible.
I had every intention of doing my homework yesterday and posting “last week” but we ended up leaving town on relatively short notice after a very hectic few days. Long story short, I was allowed to leave Hogwarts over the weekend and took advantage of the fact that my Slytherin boyfriend, Malcolm, and I would be able to have a weekend together – not just the two of us, but it was fun all the same. I’m exhausted but back in Ravenclaw Tower now, and very apologetic for my mistake in not posting the rest of the week, which was also very hectic.
I am going to get some sleep now, or my eyes might need toothpicks to hold them open.
I’m going to
My package from Narcissa Shrivelfigs came today!
Look HERE to see it! It’s also on the right side under pages. Woohoo!
1. Angela, Young Photographer, 2. Mmmm Cheese, 3. Untitled, 4. ♫ YO Yo yo, there’s no place like a green penthouse… so i told the genie i wanted to be well hung. ^o^ ♫ nah… wildlife from singapore♫, 5. Val Kilmer, 6. Mojito from Cholo’s Restaurant in Haleiwa., 7. Scottish Highlands, 8. Chess Pie, 9. Computer Geek Award, 10. Duck Family Portrait, 11. Spunky Eclectic, corriedale, 12. DSC02481
Go to Flickr.com and type your answers to the following questions (one at a time) into the Search Box.
The questions are:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favourite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favourite colour?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favourite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favourite dessert?
9. What you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your flickr name.
Choose 1 image from the FIRST page of results, remember the image you choose doesn’t have to be exactly what you were looking for – just the image you like best from the first page.
Copy your URLs to the Mosaic Maker here and publish your mosaic to your blog.
Well, I gave up on hand-dying the yarn this time. I just can’t afford the equipment. Someday, though, I’ll make that venture. Instead I went and found some BRAND NEW yarn that I’m SO excited about, I almost bought myself some! I was good though, and only bought Luveday’s! Also picked up needles to round out that part of the kit.
All that’s REALLY left is making the bag, which shouldn’t take long at ALL, I just have to finish figuring out the pattern.
I’m not having a great day/week/month, but I’ll survive. Life in general is not treating me or my family well. As a result, I’m cranky, depressed, and perpetually tired. I wanted to give my views on the whole snitch thing, but I won’t because I’m pretty sure everyone is sick of hearing about it. I can’t say my views are all that reasonable anyhow.
With that, I’m off to try to find a way to help my family survive. Wish me luck!
Well, it’s that time again. Here’s my answers! (And I’m sorry about the lack of posting, life is even crazier now)
1. At the beginning of the year feast, who is the only person who rudely interrupts Dumbledore during his speech?
b. Professor Umbridge
2. Off what street is the alley where Harry first met Sirius?
c. Magnolia Crescent
3. Tonks’ mother had two sisters, both pure-bloods, and both left on the Black Family Tree. What are their names?
c. Narcissa and Bellatrix
4. What spell are the students studying in McGonagall’s class when Umbridge is doing her inspection?
d. The Vanishing Spell
5. Who comes to warn Harry and the rest of Dumbledore’s Army that Umbridge and her group of followers are coming to break up their meeting?
6. Who are the members of the Order that met Harry Potter in the Dursely’s house during the summer before his fifth year?
c. Alastor Moody, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Remus Lupin, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, Hestia Jones
7. Moody used the Disillusionment Charm on Harry.
8. Which of these Death Eaters is Sirius related to?
d. All of these
9. At what age did Sirius leave his home?
Answer: ___16_____ (Number)
10. How many of the original Order members were killed (don’t include those who disappeared)?
Post these pictures to your blog. They must either be posted or linked to from your blog in order to receive points.
Nymphadora Tonks/Remus Lupin
I’m going for a twofer here, because I LOVED this picture:
Okay, here goes!!! I’m not doing it all at once but will edit it as I find time. Hope that’s okay!!! ALL DONE!
1. It’s changing out there. Just like last time. There’s a storm coming, Harry. And we all best be ready when she comes.
2. Dumbledore’s Army was about doing something real. Or was that all just words to you?
3. Dementors in Little Winging? Whatever next? The whole world’s going topsy-turvy.
4. The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing.
5. Face it, Petunia. Our boy has gone lumpy.
6. You’re a fool, Harry Potter, and you will lose everything.
7. Practicing is good, but there’s something else that’s even more important: believing in yourself. Look at it this way: every wizard in history has started out as nothing more than we are now — students. If they can do it, why not us?
8. I WILL have order!
9. When are you going to get it into your head? We’re in this together.
10. When all this is over we’ll be a proper family, you’ll see.
11. That’s right. Anyway, my mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end. If not always in the way we expect.
12. You may not like him, Minister, but you can’t deny: Dumbledore’s got style.
13. Who wants to watch me take off Snivelly’s trousers?
14. One person can’t feel all that, they’d explode!
15. They’re very clean, these Muggles. It’s unnatural.
16. How dare you speak his name! YOU FILTHY HALF BLOOD!
17. Just because you can use magic now does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything.
18. Did you actually believe, or are you truly naive enough to think that children stood a chance against us? I’ll make this simple, Potter. Give me the prophecy now, or watch your friends die.
Luscious Lucius Malfoy
19. You sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.
20. Ah, I thought we might hit this little snag. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I am going to — what is the phrase? — come quietly.
Wow… I actually had to do a little research, as for some reason I forgot to add a few of my housemates to my google reader. Whoops. Rectified now!
1. Which Ravenclaw does not like games?
2. Who is taking a course in Remedial Magical Symphony?
HEY! That’s ME!
3. Who got 3 puncture wounds in the bottom of her foot by stepping on a hair brush?
4. Who was formerly employed by the Ministry of Magic?
Emma Diggory was… in the US.
5. Who has been enrolled in a Magic Fibres Class in order to learn to knit?
Stuart Cauldwell – I’m sure he’ll love it, even though he didn’t want to at first.
6. Whose mother is a squib?
7. Whose father is an auror?
Chrysta the Cursed
8. Whose room smells like wet wool most of the time?
Elanor Cadogan, Emma Diggory, and Chrysta the Cursed – phhhhyew!
9. What Ravenclaws spent time in the infirmary for allergies?
Our poor prefect, Wisteria Lovegoods 😦
Agatha Vablatsky as well…
And Minee seems to be on her way there right now!
Poor Eagles! I wish they could soar above the pollen! Me too, although this year it’s not so bad.
10. Whose wand is made of holly with a kelpie feather?
My roommate Hydrangea MacDuff!
11. Whose mother was a Ravenclaw and father was a Hufflepuff when they met at Hogwarts?
12. Whose silencing potion backfired?
Emma Scrimgeour, Andromache Tonks, and Patonga Pinkstone’s group effort
13. Who has purple hair?
Andromache Tonks! GO FIGURE! 😀
14. Whose son attends Hogwarts?
Emma Diggory’s son is at Hogwarts Pre-school… does that count?
Yay! Done! Now I can get back to working on some new beady things! I’m so excited, they’re so pretty, and I think Wisteria’s sister Fleur will LOVE some of them!
I took several quizzes to learn what my patronus might be, but in the long run none of them turned out to be what actually showed up when I cast the spell!!!
I did pretty well the last time, and my patronus was quite clear. My patronus is actually a monkey! Let me tell you a little bit about monkey personalities, at least as they relate to the Chinese Zodiac: (note that some of this will be a little repetitive, as I took it from a few different sites)
Monkeys are determined and ambitious individuals and as a result, they’re often successful. Although they’re considered warm-hearted and very likeable, their preference in life is to be alone. Monkeys are loyal to both their employers and their partners.
Monkey possesses such character traits as curiosity, mischievousness, and cleverness. Forever playful, Monkeys are the masters of practical jokes. Even though their intentions are always good, this desire to be a prankster has a tendency to create ill will and hurt feelings.
Although they are inherently intellectual and creative, Monkeys at times have trouble exhibiting these qualities. When that happens, they appear to others to be confused. But nothing could be further from the truth as Monkeys thrive on being challenged. Monkeys prefer urban life to rural, and their favorite pastime is people-watching.
Persuasive and passionate, this Monkey is a warm person. He is successful due to his innate determination and ambitious nature. He works hard to climb the ladder of success and prefers to work alone. They are loyal employees, always prepared and tactful with answers and upper management. In love these Monkeys are just as loyal as well as loving and affectionate.
I find this particularly interesting because I was born right on the cusp between the years of Sheep and Monkey. Although I was *TECHNICALLY* born in the year of the sheep, I possess many more of the Monkey’s qualities and was told by a lovely old Chinese woman once that I was born early (and I was! Almost two weeks – which would have put me even closer to the Monkey) and should claim Monkey as my own. So I did. And now the monkey is my patronus too! Neat!!!
And as long as I’m on the subject of Eastern zodiac things, it’s awfully amusing that Monkeys and Tigers are supposed to be mortal enemies; Malcolm MacCoinneach, my Slytherin boyfriend, is a Tiger. We can be at each others’ throats on occasion, but realistically our personalities complement each other’s just as much as they clash. Funny. In addition, the Tiger, Horse, and Dog are all in the same trine of zodiac animals – guess what? My wizardlings are of the years Horse and Dog, respectively. I’m ALL ALONE!!! They’re all supposed to get along great while I fight with all of them. Geez…